Make sure that the source folder of the program contains all the necessary files. The iDLL64.dll needs to be placed directly in the main folder of the program.
Also make sure, that the candle time frame source folders contain your chart data files you want to backtest.
You can download further .csv chart data files from the following pages, if you want:
Note: Make sure also to adjust the settings.ini file in case you make any changes to the source data.
Start the program
Run the program by chosing Enter Application -> Continue
The settings.ini file contains the settings you adjusted for the program. It is divided into Program settings, parameter settings, indicator settings and chart data file settings.
Every setting can be controlled via the GUI.
Set amount of test runs
- Enter amount of tests the program shall use for the backtesting process. There are two seperate test categories.
- Number of parameter combinations: amount of tests with randomly generated values for variable parameters.
- Number of indicator combinations: amount of tests with randomly generated values for variable indicators for chosen buy and sell strategy combination.
Note: All range values for test value generation for variable parameters as well as for variable indicator settings are defined in the parameter config file and can be adjusted.
Set strategy combination
- Enter your buy and sell strategy combination the programm should be using for backtesting process. Any given strategy can be combined with logic connections.
Note: In case you chose No strategy, any other strategy will be ignored.
Run backtesting process
Now run the backtesting process.
Evaluate backtesting results
After the backtesting process is finished, you can analyze the results visually. Just select a chart and you can zoom into it.
The log output: shows general information and error messages.
- The backtesting results are divided into common results and buy level distribution.
- common results: General backtesting result information.
- buy level distribution: Shows the amount of buys for each DCA level of each position.